REMAP NOW AVAILABLE

The home of Ross (AKA Sharky)
An all-round Coupe genius and the man to fix your car, and maintain it too.
thedupleman
Club Owner
Coupe: s-Coupe (1991-1996)
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 0002

REMAP NOW AVAILABLE

Post by thedupleman »

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

TIBURON AUTOMOTIVE, Hcoc sponsor , that fine gentleman Ross Heath - he of the fast Audi, woolly sheep hair and never ending generosity to the forum.....

CAN NOW REMAP ALL THE COUPE RANGE. Gen3 up to siii

Bar room experts, put your hands down I know.

Firstly, don't just turn up and go....hey ross I want it mapped. No chance he's a busy man.

Next, think about it. Have you done everything to use it to full potential. Just doing a map alone isn't going to net you huge gains.

This process requires the removal of the ECM and it requires mapping on a special rig.

Normally the price would be £500.

However due to the generosity of Ross - and the fact I told him you all live in council houses and many of you sell children to make a living.....and reminded him if we had money we would be driving an Audi like his......

He will remap members cars for £360.00

That's one hell of a saving and your looking at 15-30pc gain.
You may achieve more with modifications.

Don't bombard him with stupid questions he is a busy man. If you have anything important to ask he can help you but please don't waste his time on trivia

. The process involved is complicated to stop it overwriting. THE ECU WILL NOT OVERWRITE THIS MAP.
These users thanked the author thedupleman for the post (total 4):
JaceMindu (Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:35 pm) • MJNewton (Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:45 pm) • Droid (Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:09 pm) • 01watts (Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:35 pm)
Rating: 33.33%

Look out guys it’s him that thinks he’s in charge!
JaceMindu
Regular contributor
Coupe: Siii / TSiii

Re: REMAP NOW AVAILABLE

Post by JaceMindu »

This is great! This is something I have planned in a few months. I was going to have it done in Bristol but given the discount and the expertise of Ross, this sounds like a pretty good deal. Kudos for sorting this out.
Please thank the folks who help. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Black Dragon (my diary) :banana-wrench:
Glen M
Advice star
Coupe: Gen3.5
Has thanked: 0

Post by Glen M »

I wonder could he do it be post or would he need the car? Stupid water in the way as per usual. Not that I'd be doing it anytime soon, to many other pipe dreams to consider first.
ImGoingSpace
Facebook support
Coupe: Gen2 (1999-2001)

Post by ImGoingSpace »

He says that it can be posted on facebook, but then i have to ask how he takes any engine mods into measured consideration
Carlsberg
Tuscani owners club
Coupe: Non-Coupe
Engine: 2.7(v6)
+_number: 1985

Post by Carlsberg »

From my understanding he gets all the information from the adaptive data that is on the current map in your current ECU, then the new map adapts itself to that information. In theory the ECU still adapts itself to new mods done in the future.

Mine will be going in either in Feb or March, all comes down to funds
Glen M
Advice star

Post by Glen M »

Interesting so it is essentially just a more aggressive map than the current one but the ECU still retains the ability to learn and adjust to mods, driving style etc?

I'll be keeping a close eye on this for my own future reference.
Carlsberg
Tuscani owners club
Coupe: Non-Coupe
+_number: 1985

Post by Carlsberg »

The current map that is in your ECU will be stored in a file on Ross's laptop, making room for the new map in its place. But yes I believe it still retains the ability to learn and adjust
Lexo
Club Supervisor
+_number: 111

Post by Lexo »

Tonight we feast :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :clap:
Awesome news and great work Ross :bow-yellow:

Have emailed him with a list of what engine mods I have, last dyno reading and to see what we can arrange for him to work on it for me :happy-partydance:
smokebelch wrote:I'm sure some Reebok classic wearing chav will love the whole look you've got going on
Tuscani TSIII
Getting hooked

Post by Tuscani TSIII »

How much testing has been done long term on this?

Has anyone been the test mule for him?
The Great White Shark - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=22429
ben.loader
Getting hooked

Post by ben.loader »

Hang on, any Coupe user who has claimed they have had there car mapped in the past has been told its impossible without exception then all of a sudden its all possible?. Out of interest what had changed?.

I'm deffo up for getting it done but need to get around why the complete change in direction.
These users thanked the author ben.loader for the post:
adil_aslam_2013 (Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:48 am)
Rating: 8.33%
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

What seems to have changed is that he knows how to get the ECU to not overwrite teh new map.
That's what the issue has always been, flashing it was always possible but it never lasted.
smokebelch wrote:I'm sure some Reebok classic wearing chav will love the whole look you've got going on
Glen M
Advice star

Post by Glen M »

You will notice on the picture on the facebook page that he has an ECU opened and is directly accessing the chips. It is also interesting that he is accessing the TOP of the chips and not the gunk filled underside leading me to believe he is directly tapping onto the pins of the ecu to read, erase and write the map that is stored on the rom.

I would be interested to know if he simply disassembled the ECU to gain access to the top or does he need to cut the top off to get at it.
thedupleman
Club Owner
Coupe: s-Coupe (1991-1996)
+_number: 0002

Post by thedupleman »

I'd say dissembles it
Look out guys it’s him that thinks he’s in charge!
Tuscani TSIII
Getting hooked

Post by Tuscani TSIII »

ben.loader wrote:Hang on, any Coupe user who has claimed they have had there car mapped in the past has been told its impossible without exception then all of a sudden its all possible?. Out of interest what had changed?.

I'm deffo up for getting it done but need to get around why the complete change in direction.
I can see where you are coming from.

What is different now is that its Ross from Tiburon auto who has cracked it. He has been in the coupe game for many many years and has probably spent a lot of time trying to work it out. most other places who claim to be able to do it will likely take your money give you a temporary tune and not tell you it will reset if you remove the battery.

He is a trusted guy on here and if anyone could do it its him.
ben.loader
Getting hooked

Post by ben.loader »

Lexo wrote:What seems to have changed is that he knows how to get the ECU to not overwrite teh new map.
That's what the issue has always been, flashing it was always possible but it never lasted.
My point is, many users have claimed to have gone to tuning company in the past and been told its impossible by users on here. "no matter what, it will re-write itself.
ben.loader
Getting hooked

Post by ben.loader »

Tuscani TSIII wrote:
ben.loader wrote:Hang on, any Coupe user who has claimed they have had there car mapped in the past has been told its impossible without exception then all of a sudden its all possible?. Out of interest what had changed?.

What is different now is that its Ross from Tiburon auto who has cracked it. He has been in the coupe game for many many years and has probably spent a lot of time trying to work it out. most other places who claim to be able to do it will likely take your money give you a temporary tune and not tell you it will reset if you remove the battery.

This is good news, just kinda hard to read "Ross from Tiburon" is the first person in the world to be able to do this, anyone else who has claimed its possible in the past has been talking rubbish.

I'm not in anyway trying to put the idea or Ross down, just all seems rather odd to me, even more so when admin was always been first to put the blanket ban on it even being possible, a search of the forum will show this.
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

Being a computer engineer I can tell you that if you can directly access the chip then there's a lot more youc an do that the manufactueres probably dont want you to compared to accessing just the port on the board.
As long as the chip has not had things done to it such as laser locking there it should be doable.

I recently got a gen 3 ECU off ebay myself to see if there was anything I could do with the same idea of accessing the pins on ther chip directly.
Seems Ross saved me the time :icon-lol:

There's also somethign else which I thought of, using a reflow station to remove thechip fromt eh baord, program it then put it back.
Anythigns possible with enough time and knowlege.
favguy
Running around headless

Post by favguy »

I'd be very interested to hear how the map is changed, rev limits, torque and power curve differences etc. Especially for the 2.7. Will it give an advantage if using 98 octane fuel etc.

Would be nice to get to around 200Bhp as it should have been in the first place!
Glen M
Advice star

Post by Glen M »

The claim above is 15-30% so lets assume 15% is the average for your stock engine with 30% say for the heavily modified cars, fair?

Standard 2lt 141BHP x 15% = 162
Standard V6 165BHP x 15% = 190

Will be interesting to see how this stacks up against real life figures.

I would also be interested to see how MPG is affected.
ImGoingSpace
Facebook support

Post by ImGoingSpace »

15% is a big claim on N/A.
as far as im aware, its ALWAYS been known to be possible to map them on a bench. Just ross finally has the tools to do it without de-gunking.

As has been mentioned though, im concerned how well the maps will deal with heavily modified cars. Exhausts, manifolds, cams, compression changes, intakes and so on. Which is something usually done on a rolling road with constant monitoring.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

Glen M wrote:The claim above is 15-30% so lets assume 15% is the average for your stock engine with 30% say for the heavily modified cars, fair?

Standard 2lt 141BHP x 15% = 162
Standard V6 165BHP x 15% = 190

Will be interesting to see how this stacks up against real life figures.

I would also be interested to see how MPG is affected.
Well i got near as makes no diff 150bhp in May so if I came out with even 10% i'd be happy enough. 2.0 making V6 power has always been my goal.
We shall see tho.
Tuscani TSIII
Getting hooked

Post by Tuscani TSIII »

ben.loader wrote:
Tuscani TSIII wrote:

He isn't the first to do it. The guys in the US have had NGM do a flash on theirs for years.

Here in the uk most companies who claim they can do it wont invest the time and money to get it 100% right as the coupe just isn't popular enough for it to be viable. Ross on the other hand makes a living of the coupe customers amongst other stuff im sure so its worth it for him to do it right.
MJNewton
Getting noticed

Post by MJNewton »

This is great news! Perseverance (not to mention talent!) has obviously paid off!

Do you have any before/after dyno graphs that could be shared?
ImGoingSpace
Facebook support

Post by ImGoingSpace »

MJNewton wrote:Do you have any before/after dyno graphs that could be shared?
Not yet it seens
LJR1977
Settling down

Post by LJR1977 »

What mods as a minimum would people recommend prior to remapping to make it most beneficial? Starting point 2.0 Siii - K&N filter only...