Disgusting Service

HCOC's recommended insurer - the best in the business!
ZS
Club host and technical genius
Coupe: Non-Coupe
Engine: 2.7(v6)
+_number: 001

Disgusting Service

Post by ZS »

Dan or whoever else at Adrian Flux reads these messages, I would like to bring to your attention the following.

I have been with you for a about 3 or 4 years now with multiple policies.

This year, like the previous few years, I spoke to your customer service department last week (Please be my guest and listen to the recorded conversation to confirm what I am saying is true) and agreed a renewal price for both cars, one that I use every day and the other on a restricted mileage policy.

Imagine my surprise when I get home today to an email (which was sent at 2pm today, date stamped today) telling me that you are "sorry I don't want to renew my policy" and have kindly "lapsed my insurance" as of the 6th of this month... Yes thats right you have told me TWO DAYS AFTER you Lapse my policy that I have no insurance, meaning that I now have a car that is taxed but has no insurance on it which is illegal in a number of ways!

Since I didn't get home from work until just after 7pm today and you kindly shut down at exactly this time, I am in no position to be able to call you to sort this out until 9am tomorrow. Which means I cannot drive my car to work tomorrow as I don't have insurance on it! (I start work at 7am but your office kindly opens at 9am... see my dilemma? what if a nice policeman scans my car with ANPR... or worse some idiot on the road drives in to me?)

So, no I have to find some way to get to work on time and drop my kids off to the childminder, bearing in mind the second car is a two seater and I am a single father of two... err ok so 3 people in a 2 seater.. hmmm I don't need a maths qualification to work out 3 does not go into 2!!

I think the next port of call tomorrow will be to speak to Prestige and Sky and see if they will match my old renewal quote and if so move both cars away from you while ensuring that this story is passed around all of the forums and Car clubs I am on the board for.

It might be a technical glitch, or it might be "human error" at your side, but I think it is DISGUSTING and INEXCUSABLE that you would take my money and then cancel my insurance for NO REASON and without any notice (infact telling me two days AFTER the event).

Apologies for the rant, but its not a good time right now to piss me off!

Also, please note that you have 24 hours to resolve this issue or I will be contacting the insurance ombudsman and lodging a formal complaint about your company.

smokebelch
Club manager
Coupe: Gen3
Engine: 2.0

Re: Disgusting Service

Post by smokebelch »

not mentioned it before, but I left flux after they wanted to double my premium after being with them for 4 yrs! (nothing had changed, except more no claims bonuses) and this was apparently after "they looked after me" because I was a member of a BMW club that they gave discount to :angry-nono:
Try swiftcover, been with them 2 yrs now....great service too
There are no bad guys.........just disturbed guys.......but know this......I am a nightmare walking
[email protected]
thedupleman
Club Owner
Coupe: s-Coupe (1991-1996)
+_number: 0002

Post by thedupleman »

Bad service indeedy first port of call......ombudsman
Look out guys it’s him that thinks he’s in charge!
ZS

Post by ZS »

All sorted now, Apparently I was mis-informed on the phone and the woman forgot to process my deposit.

Now that's gone through, I now have cover again so will go get the ZS at lunchtime :) :punk:

Wish they had contacted me on the phone yesterday as well though, would have avoided all this stress!
thedupleman
Club Owner

Post by thedupleman »

Your just a bad tempered old drama queen.now get on with those front page banners.this is not Jeremy kyle :laughing-rollingyellow:
ZS

Post by ZS »

thedupleman wrote:Your just a bad tempered old drama queen.now get on with those front page banners.this is not Jeremy kyle :laughing-rollingyellow:
Ahhh so front page banners take priority over building a new website for the dupes eh?
thedupleman
Club Owner

Re: Disgusting Service-rectified

Post by thedupleman »

Yes or faz will make me do that breathaliser thing on him again
Permawood
I'm getting good at this
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Permawood »

I wouldn't touch Flux again even with a very long shitty stick. I'd long held them in high regard as being an enthusiast-friendly company who actuallu understood us. Pah.

Flux "forgot" to register my insurance with the national database which left me sat in a police car arguing with the bobby about him seizing my car. Now I was *really* lucky that the bobby recognised me from a charity event I'd organised - and which he had been a guest of. When I called Flux the next day, they really didn't give a toss and glibly told me "oh, someone must have forgotten to do it". Not good enough. At the time, I'd had my unwell two year-old daughter in the car. Imagine if we'd been further from home? Stranded, on a cold and wet February day - with a sick two year-old kid.

Flux, you can kiss my ass. I'm now with LV. Got a better quote and far better customer care.
paulcounsell
Regular contributor

Post by paulcounsell »

Disgusting service just for the record I am also with LV they have given me great quotes on our cars and Er in doors had a claim couldn't fault the service from them, she has had her renewal since the claim and yes it's gone up but very little I cannot fault them
thedupleman
Club Owner

Post by thedupleman »

See my experience has been the opposite flux were never anything but excellent
pg3r
It's good here ain't it?

Post by pg3r »

I went with them when I first passed my test, got really good quote £750, after 8 months I changed my car from a Volvo 340 very tail happy ins group 7 to a Fiat Cinqucento ins group 1 they increased the price by £200, they charged me a £50 admin fee for changing address. then the wanted an extra £200 for the final 2 months because I went to university and being a student was a greater risk Im still the same person as before. Ive found there quotes arent that good anymore. Doing the multi car thing now with the misses.
santaahelper
I'm getting good at this

Post by santaahelper »

I used to deal with Adrian Flux nearly 20 years ago when I worked for Harley Davidson as they would provide a specific valued bike policy, ideal for when you have a customized bike that may be worth many times it's "book" value. However like Swinton and indeed Direct Line ...bigger does not always mean better.
As an aside I'm with (AXA) via BE-WISER INS my quote this year was just under £200 cheaper than last year @ £300 Fully Comp for myself and spouse, with RAC cover and legal and all the rest of the stuff they like to pile on.

Rob
Never dare a fool....
ZS

Post by ZS »

Adrian Flux have yet again screwed me over...

I had a policy with them that cost £250 for the year on my MGF (limited mileage etc). I sold the car 1 month after the policy was taken out, they are now charging me a cancellation fee of £150! WTF???

They have lost my business totally now... I will move across to sky with my main policy when it expires.
thedupleman
Club Owner

Post by thedupleman »

Adrian flux need to get on here and start explaining themselves
Morganmadplus8

Post by Morganmadplus8 »

Just have to say that I am with LV and they have been excellent for a number of years. £183 renewal this month on fully comp, which I think is good value for money.

Unfortunately, I found AF always significantly increased their renewal quote for no apparent explanation. Their attitude, was take it or leave it. So I did and got a much better quote from LV.
thedupleman
Club Owner

Post by thedupleman »

Faz is planning to contact flux to see what the heck is going on :confusion-shrug:
Mr Tuscan
Facebook support
Coupe: Gen3.5

Post by Mr Tuscan »

I am with them and my renewal will be coming up in May so I will be watching this thread closely, I have to be honest I am VERY concerned about a massive price hike come renewal !! After reading several threads about them recently, I dearly hope this is not the case.
I have to say they have quoted me happy this year, my first year with them and they have NOT charged me for any of my changing mods or given me any admin charges to do so, I am very happy with them and I hope it continues come renewal....

Watching this space.......
My Diary: Custom Korean Tuscani - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=27493
Permawood
I'm getting good at this

Post by Permawood »

Humph. I was paying about £350 with them... got the renewal letter "you don't need to do anything!" and then I saw in the small print, the new quote was about £900. As a new customer it would have still been about 350. I wouldn't trust Flux with a penny any more.
faz
The founder of Hcoc

Post by faz »

ive sent dan a pm about the complaints being brought up in the flux section, im hoping for a response soon, hopefully with the answers that ive asked for, if not ill deal with this accordingly
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Still not sure I like it

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hiya,

If anyone would like me to look into anything for them, then please feel free to pm me your surname, postcode and a contact telephone number and I will ask someone to call you.

Thanks
Dan
faz
The founder of Hcoc

Post by faz »

dan has assured me that he will be keeping an eye on this section from now on and will help members with any problems they have so please take him up on his off if you have a complaint and pm him
ZS

Post by ZS »

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Hiya,

If anyone would like me to look into anything for them, then please feel free to pm me your surname, postcode and a contact telephone number and I will ask someone to call you.

Thanks
Dan
No point now... your company won't do anything to help as I have found out so I'm going to pay this cancellation fee and then wait out the remainder of my other policy... then I don't have to talk to Adrian flux ever again :)
ZS

Post by ZS »

I thought I would update you all on this company again.

So, I was at the shop buying food for my children and my cat (nothing in the house to eat for either you see) and when I went to pay for it my card was declined, now I knew I had over £100 in the account and being that its almost payday I knew no bills were due (All my bills come out on payday or the day after) so I went online to find out what had happened, it seems that Adrian Flux had just TAKEN money out of my account without warning or notification, I called them up and queried the transaction to be told "Oh we took it from your card on file, you owed it so we took it that's the way we work, hard luck" now had they have phoned me, or even emailed me (I get emails to my phone) and asked then I would have paid them in three days time and I would have been able to feed my kids and pets without having to beg and borrow from friends and family in order to feed them!
santaahelper
I'm getting good at this

Post by santaahelper »

As some of you may know my beloved Gen2 was written off earlier this year, in a no fault accident. I had a courtesy car for 7 weeks then received my check and the hire car was collected y7 days later. My insurance company wanted an EXTRA £189 to insure a cheap Fiat Multipla I got as a temp run around.... I queried this and they said it was because I wasn't experienced in driving this model car. I pointed out that I have a full bike license, worked in both the car and motor-cycle trade, have been a road tester and motoring journalist and passed my test back in 1971. Plus I actually have a Fiat Ulysee (people carrier) insured with them anyway. They (BE-WISER) said they had contacted my insurance company and it was their rule. so as you can imagine I contacted the company direct..... they had never heard of such a rule, unless you were under 23 it was not their policy to load a customer just to change his or her car, well not over and above any normal admin cost. I cancelled the insurance on advice from my own insurer, and got a quote from CO-OP insurance for £179 for a full year fully comp. The moral is spend time looking at what is available and don't just accept what the broker tells you regardless of who it is.
Oh maybe I should mention that Having told Be-Wiser what I intended to do, they asked if they could give me a fresh insurance quote....they only came back with one...... for £1268 pounds..... bitter? never!!!

Rob
Never dare a fool....