Gen 1 Remote Locking

Faults on the early coupes are now well recognised.find them here
Matt1g
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gen 1 Remote Locking

Post by Matt1g »

Hi all,

Finally managed to fix the remote locking issue on the car thanks to mnemonic so this is really his guide.

F2 Evo (Although guessing same as all other Gen1's maybe even Gen 2's. Feel free to correct those in the know.

Remote Key fob (In this case Scorpion System) will disable/re-enable the alarm and immobiliser.
Also you can hear the "Clunk Clunk" noise of the locks on the button press.
However the door does not open, almost seems like it is unlocking then locking itself again.

Still worth checking out even if it's just similar issues.

I have looked everywhere for a fix without actually taking the door card off as I prefer to learn before diving in (Although in this case I should have just had a look),
Rikthornton told me about a little clip today he found on his.

Tools Needed;

x1 Posi drive ScrewDriver
x1 Screw
x2 Hands

Step 1: Unscrew and unclip the door card
Step 2: Remove the Wing Mirror Cover Above Door card (Makes life much easier, it will just pull off hopefully)
Step 3: Unclip your Door Instrument cluster (Electric Windows/Mirrors) multi plugs and Courtesy Light (Open Door light)
Step 4: Look at the picture, put the clip back on the rod and stick a screw in the bugger
mat1g1.JPG
mat1g2.JPG

Step 5: Test.... Without putting the door card back on obviously.

***NOTE - BE AWARE***
I finally found out what the 3 beeps in quick succession means on the alarm system.
If you have the door open, press the fob it will sound 3 times (Scorpion), if you close the door it automatically locks.

Don't do what I did and leave your keys in the drivers footwell then close the door after said x3 beeps
picardfacepalm.JPG

MJNewton
Getting noticed
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
Engine: 2.0

Re: Gen 1 Remote Locking

Post by MJNewton »

Matt1g wrote:F2 Evo (Although guessing same as all other Gen1's maybe even Gen 2's. Feel free to correct those in the know.
It's probably more likely to be similar to other Gen 1/2's as the Evo usually has a Cobra alarm fitted (it needed a non-standard alarm to achieve the insurance rating). At least as far as the beeping etc are concerned - the mechanical aspects of the central locking will be identical across the board.
coupecrazyman
Advice star
Coupe: Gen1 (1996 -1999)

Re: Gen 1 Remote Locking

Post by coupecrazyman »

:text-yeahthat: cheers MJ