coxy240
Searching in the dark
Coupe: Gen3.5
Engine: 2.7(v6)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sunroof failed

Post by coxy240 »

Ok so when I bought my coupe the sunroof didn't work. I've checked the fuses and they all seem OK. I've manually opened the sunroof with the manual tool it's a little stiff but It will open and close. I've also taken out the control box but I'm unsure if this is the fault and was hoping some one could explain how I could check this with a basic meter. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TAFFY219
Very regular contributor
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 0219

Re: Sunroof failed

Post by TAFFY219 »

the coupe roofs have known problem as the runners and rails never get loobed as they are made of plastic and that put to much strain on the modual and they just give up what you need to do is first sort out the runners and rails of the roof open it up fully then white grease the runners,rails front and back sides put plenty on.give the manual tool hole a good squrt of wd40 as well.open and close the roof a few times to help it free up it might take a few times and squrts but it will free up then try the modual if it has gone you might get one off ebay or if not as a last opp you will have to go to Hyundai there about £140
coxy240
Searching in the dark
Coupe: Gen3.5
Engine: 2.7(v6)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sunroof failed

Post by coxy240 »

Cool thanks for the info. I haven't done to much with the sunroof as it appears some one has already tried to manually open it and rounded of the key and the motor dosnt have the best fit with a Allen key. I will get some grease ready. Is their a way of testing the box as I already have it out??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk