Lower arms corrosion

Check here for any important recalls issued by Hyundai your coupe may have missed
Forum rules
Please notify us immediately here if you get any recalls on your car
thedupleman
Club Owner
Coupe: s-Coupe (1991-1996)
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 0002

Lower arms corrosion

Post by thedupleman »

Hyundai Coupe Suspension Recall

Recall Summary
Hyundai Coupe front suspension may fail.

Recall Issue
Hyundai has found that on some Hyundai Coupes the front suspension arms can become corroded. This can lead to the sudden failure of the suspension arms which could have a significant impact on the directional control of the vehicle.
Hyundai are recalling all affected Coupes to check and if necessary replace the suspension arms.

Hyundai Coupes Affected By This Recall
There are 5,619 Hyundais (across all models) affected by this recall. They were built between January 2002 and May 2003.

What Should Hyundai Coupes Owners Do?
If you have, or believe you may have, one of the affected Hyundai Coupes then please contact your local dealer.

Recall Launched
July 2012.

Look out guys it’s him that thinks he’s in charge!
pg3r
It's good here ain't it?
Coupe: Gen3

Re: Lower arms corrosion

Post by pg3r »

Yeap got mine done they had gone from mot pass to rotten in less than 6 months. Got nice shiney black ones now.
pg3r
It's good here ain't it?

Post by pg3r »

Tricky wrote::icon_eek:
Yeah, four holes in both sides after the inspection, and they I had to drive it for a week until they got replacement parts. I wasnt worried at all. :obscene-tolietcrapper:
pg3r
It's good here ain't it?

Post by pg3r »

Not sure, probably fitted the wrong spec parts for our weather. But as I said to service manager, its nearly 10 yrs old and done more miles than a taxi what do you expect no rust underneath at all. Oh well I got a freebie out of it in my mind. :icon-biggrin:
Im going to need a new front subframe at some point tho, due to an incident about 5 yrs ago, came round a bend in the dark to find somebody had kindly left there exhaust pipe in the road, faced with options,

1. Kerb, hedge impact with tree
2. Drive over exhaust and hope for the best
3. Swerve across the road and play chicken with 48 ton lorry.

I choose option 2 and have to keep painting the part of the subframe that it hit to keep rust at bay.