THANASIE

Your chance to meet the unpaid enthusiastic Area Reps who surrender so much time and effort to make things work!
thedupleman
Club Owner
Coupe: s-Coupe (1991-1996)
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 0002

THANASIE

Post by thedupleman »

Thanasie,our newest area rep on making money,missing dupe and low mileage car!

Why the coupe?

It's a very good looking car that is also pretty nippy, very comfy with a great spec...plus all of the ladies look at you haha!

What other cars have you owned?

1986 Nissan Micra (first car...only had it for 2 weeks!)
2000 Hyundai Accent 1.3 Si
2001 Hyundai Accent 1.5 CDX - no, its not a diesel! It's the "top spec" model lol
2005 Hyundai Coupe 1.6 S
2006 Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6 (current car)

How long have you been on the forum scene?

I have been on forums from about 2008 - when I set up my first business with mobile phones - went well until the production of the modern smart phone!
Been on car forums since 2009 when I got my first Hyundai Accent, got hooked and just seem to love them!

Are you enjoying the new look site?

Yes - I can read everything clearly and it looks nice and refreshing not being in dark colours!

Tell us something we don't know about you?

I'm half Greek, half English and love money making ideas! :p

What interests do you have?

Driving, anything technological - IT wise, cycling (when im not scared too!), car maintenance and modification (when what I'm modifying isn't under warranty!)

Your car? The superb low mileage perfection one......

Yes, I was very lucky with this car! bought it with 10,000 miles on the clock in March 2012 on a 56 plate for £5500 from a very good Hyundai main dealer. The previous owner garaged it up in bad weather and only drove it in good weather - wish I had a garage to do the same! Instead I just try to keep it looking perfect! Currently (at the time of writing in November 2012) it has 17,000 miles on the clock!
I have made some very subtle changes; I have "T" badged it, painted the callipers red and installed a bluetooth head unit and 12" sub!
I do however pay a lot to have this car, my insurance is currently £3200 at the age of 20 and my tax is £460 a year but hey ho, its bl**dy worth every penny! :D

Tell us a secret?

I check my car every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up - sad, I know!

You were always a keen member of the coupe club, why the sudden change?

There's no change I'm still a keen member there as I am here and also over on the "UK Hyundai Accent Club" forums

What bugs you?

Idiot drivers who see the roads as racetracks and people who has "daddy" buy everything for them! - Work for your money like the rest of us!!!

What's next for your car?

Hard question, think it might be a cat back or just a panel air filter to accompany the "snorkus mod" - not too much, I like my cars not too be too overly modified.

Favourite meal?

It's got to be a Sunday roast, mainly a pub carvary!

Your big ambition?

Further myself in my IT technical carrier and set up an IT support business or become a Network Manager.

Which forum member would you miss most?

It's got to be Dupe with his witty banter!!

When will you sell your car?

Either when I can't afford it any longer or when I want to move out of home!

Where do you see yourself on the forums?

Mainly on the home page? failing that, mainly trying to pass on my knowledge that I have picked up over the years and learning new things!

Where can we meet you?

Up in the proper north! Newcastle! I'm not your average geordie though!

Look out guys it’s him that thinks he’s in charge!