My Car - 1 Year on!

IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAY HELLO HERE OR THE TOTAL SITE REMAINS HIDDEN!
Forum rules
YOU NEED TO SAY HELLO HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE SITE.
PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE
THIS SECTION IS ONLY TO SAY HELLO. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PARTS OR CARS UNTIL YOU HAVE 25 POSTS. THIS IS TO PROTECT HCOC MEMBERS.
IF YOU DO NOT SAY HELLO IMMEDIATELY YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED
sp4rks
Very regular contributor
Coupe: Non-Coupe
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 2000

My Car - 1 Year on!

Post by sp4rks »

Hi,

Now that i have had my car a year i plan to add a 1 year on review here.

Might be a good idea for those that did the members car reviews to do another one in here after a year of ownership or in some cases a year after doing the review.

Can this be made a sticky for new members to read.

Pics of my car
My Diary
Past Meet Pics
sp4rks
Very regular contributor

Re: My Car - 1 Year on!

Post by sp4rks »

My car : generation 3.5 2.0 se
Colour : Blue (XX)
Owned since March 2012

Servicing: Full Service History, last serviced (5 Year 50,000) in March.
Most costly repair : None as yet, only had it since March

Engine ***

Not a bad engine but low on power (torque does make up for it a bit), can be noisy on startup but it settles down.
Does need to be pushed a bit to get on with it. Otherwise i am happy with it. - One year on it's still the same, but i'm used to it now and find it more usable than i thought.

Gearbox and clutch ***

It's not the best, but then it isn't the worst, it does have a long throw but i do like the way it holds the revs when hustling along to make gear changes better. Luckily i am not heavy with my left foot, just my right one.No change here.

Interior ****

Generally good, but i don't like the leather seats wearing down like they do. My seat has already got splits in it, i'm tempted to go to the part leather or a Red interior. The gearstick is in the right place for me, as is the centre cubby as i don't bash my elbows like on some cars.Seats are still wearing, but not much worse, still considering changing the seats.

Electronics ***

The only problem i have had so far is the sunroof, it doesn't always slide back properly, but i can live with that, i'll fix it when i get round to it. Other than that the standard stereo and aerial are rubbish, i've opted to fit an aftermarket so i have hands free etc and gone for a stubby aerial as i kept poking myself in the eye. At some point i intend to replace the cable they have used for the aerial for something of a higher quality.New Stereo in, electric aerial in, now i got toons. bulbs keep blowing, but easy enough to replace, just expesive, crrently looking into options in another thread which will be updated soon.

Wheels and suspension ***

Suspension wise it is just short of being crashy in my opinion which is fine as i like sporty handling cars, i may eibach it at some point but otherwise i am over the moon with it, although i suspect it would be loads better if i put decent tyres (My Nexen 8000's are good but the rears aren't brilliant). Personally i love the styling of the standard 17" Alloys, although they could sit out a little further, but other wise more than happy.Still happy, but now want another set for winter use.

Exterior ***

Agree with most on the paint, i now have a stone chip (Thanks truck) above the windscreen i need to sort out rapidly, the paint over most of the car seems generally thin, seems they are all at it nowadays to save weight. I've given the car a good going over though, and am happy to report apart from the stone chip i have no rust. One thing annoying me though is i have just noticed in the last two weeks i have the lacquer problem on the lights.Had to change the fuel filler cap as mine wouldn't stay open, it's black but may spray it blue or even silver, kinda like it.

Reliability ****

No problems to report so far apart from those already stated, but they don't stop it working so all good so far (Touch wood).
Only problems so far are the bulbs and a bit of white gunk in the oil, fortunately that was just condensation.

Running cost ***

Coming from a 1.8 Accord i can honestly say i am impressed, i'm getting better fuel economy from a 2.0 than a 1.8. How have i come to that conclusion - i have the same mileage per tank as i did before - 9 litres less!.Again, no change, although it's service time soon :doh:

Mods ***

Nothing special, just tidy up bits like tweeter rings.
I have mods that only go on for shows, but once my insurance is due i'm going to fit them and leave them on, as i can't be bothered taking them off/on anymore. will be ringing sky soon.

To sum up: I would have another tomorrow (SIII ot TSIIII preferably (as late a model as possible)Yes, yes i would!
Last edited by sp4rks on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pics of my car
My Diary
Past Meet Pics
sp4rks
Very regular contributor

Re: My Car - 1 Year on!

Post by sp4rks »

Over to you! :icon-biggrin:
Pics of my car