New to be owner of a Ser III

IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAY HELLO HERE OR THE TOTAL SITE REMAINS HIDDEN!
Forum rules
YOU NEED TO SAY HELLO HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE SITE.
PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE
THIS SECTION IS ONLY TO SAY HELLO. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PARTS OR CARS UNTIL YOU HAVE 25 POSTS. THIS IS TO PROTECT HCOC MEMBERS.
IF YOU DO NOT SAY HELLO IMMEDIATELY YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED
Bojer
I'm getting good at this
Coupe: Gen3
Engine: 2.0

Re: New to be owner of a Ser III

Post by Bojer »

With a battery connected I've got 3/4 tank of fuel , so that will help pay for itself :-) Image

The shell is in really nice condition , even the wheelarches are immaculate , shame !

Burger28
Getting to like it here
Coupe: Gen3.5
+_number: 0028

Post by Burger28 »

Bojer wrote:
Burger28 wrote:
Bojer wrote:My drive is getting busy ! :icon-lol: Image
so good job I'm not bidding on another 3.5 or I'll be in trouble ............ :think:
Looks like you could probably fit a couple more coupés on there :laughing-rollingyellow:
That's what I said but I was told that I was wrong , some sort of female logic I couldn't figure ;)
Should probably ignore her then :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

Burger28 wrote:
Bojer wrote:
Burger28 wrote: Looks like you could probably fit a couple more coupés on there :laughing-rollingyellow:
That's what I said but I was told that I was wrong , some sort of female logic I couldn't figure ;)
Should probably ignore her then :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I usually do and just beg forgiveness later - got away with it so far :icon-lol:
nissan300zx
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nissan300zx »

the car is very clean and tidy been well looked arfter.
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

nissan300zx wrote:the car is very clean and tidy been well looked arfter.
But not well enough to stop it blowing up ! :icon-lol: , shame ,sure there's some more bits you need , special deal for taking the whole thing.........
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

would love too mate. but too many cars on my drive atm. :laughing-rollingyellow:
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

I've been told I can't buy more till one's gone ! :confusion-shrug:
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

i dont have a lady to tell me that i just see it when i walk outside the back gate. :icon-lol: :laughing-rollingyellow:
These users thanked the author nissan300zx for the post:
Bojer (Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:38 pm)
Rating: 8.33%
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

Just close your eyes as you go through the gate , problem solved ! :icon-biggrin:
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

thats easier said than done. :icon-lol: :laughing-rollingyellow: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

My typing finger is having trouble keeping up with the FB enquiries ! :icon-lol: Anyway looks like the red one's fate id decided , it will live again in other cars !
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

But enquiries don't don't seem to mean sales ! ;)

Still fuel tank of red one emptied now and my 3.5 has a full tank :icon-biggrin:
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

nice that make my job alot easier on sunday.
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

nissan300zx wrote:nice that make my job alot easier on sunday.
But not easy ;) , not got any oil on those bolts yet ...........
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

dont worry mate ive got just the right tool for them bolts.
These users thanked the author nissan300zx for the post:
Bojer (Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:38 pm)
Rating: 8.33%
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

Seats are out now , doing that means no rust in my eyes :icon-biggrin:

Just doing anything takes me so long nowadays , back seats going in the 3.5 , hopefully , noticed the red stitching and grey/brown leather on the 3.5 - prefer the 3 seats in black , as long as there's not a sneaky reason they won't fit , I'll find out soon enough .
nissan300zx

Post by nissan300zx »

the plugs on the gen3 front seats have difrent plugs on them, can sort it for you if you need it.
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

Er, things have taken a turn for the worse , just over a month since I bought my silver Gen 3.5 , that was joined by a dead Samba Red Gen 3 V6 for parts and now a blue Gen 3 is heading my way ! Can you ever have enough Coupes ?!
AlanD
Regular contributor
Engine: 1.6
+_number: 0147

Post by AlanD »

Bojer wrote:Er, things have taken a turn for the worse , just over a month since I bought my silver Gen 3.5 , that was joined by a dead Samba Red Gen 3 V6 for parts and now a blue Gen 3 is heading my way ! Can you ever have enough Coupes ?!
So will you be stripping the blue one as well Ian ?
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

Hope not Alan , there's only so many parts my Gen 3.5 needed , originally it was missing a piece of plastic trim that covers the top seat belt mount plus I wanted to swap the dashboard from mine as it has some damage . The blue one has landed on my drive now so my wife is quite "keen" for at least one of them to be got rid of quickly !! ;-) .

I'd like to clean up this one and "save it" as original but it has a BCM problem so it might be doomed !
AlanD
Regular contributor

Post by AlanD »

Bojer wrote:Hope not Alan , there's only so many parts my Gen 3.5 needed , originally it was missing a piece of plastic trim that covers the top seat belt mount plus I wanted to swap the dashboard from mine as it has some damage . The blue one has landed on my drive now so my wife is quite "keen" for at least one of them to be got rid of quickly !! ;-) .

I'd like to clean up this one and "save it" as original but it has a BCM problem so it might be doomed !
Oh ok I didn't realise that Ian I had assumed you needed quite a few bits hence buying the whole car ! It would be a shame if you can't can't save it! Let us know how you get on :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

TBH as I needed the dash it was easier and more certain getting the whole car and its amazing how many bits you can find to swap over ! Not seen the blue one in the daylight yet so not certain of what direction to go with it . I certainly did not "need" it but that's never stopped me in the past .... Need to get the red one gone though to make room .
AlanD
Regular contributor

Post by AlanD »

Bojer wrote:TBH as I needed the dash it was easier and more certain getting the whole car and its amazing how many bits you can find to swap over ! Not seen the blue one in the daylight yet so not certain of what direction to go with it . I certainly did not "need" it but that's never stopped me in the past .... Need to get the red one gone though to make room .
Oh ok that makes sense Ian I hope you managed to at least make enough from selling the bits off to cover the cost of buying the red one! Hopefully you can sort out the blue one and get it running again but if not there are a couple of bits that I definitely want from it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bojer
I'm getting good at this

Post by Bojer »

AlanD wrote: Oh ok that makes sense Ian I hope you managed to at least make enough from selling the bits off to cover the cost of buying the red one! Hopefully you can sort out the blue one and get it running again but if not there are a couple of bits that I definitely want from it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Not sure if you saw Alan but I cleaned up the BCM as it had a bit of water damage and it fired up :happy-partydance: .

Though to be honest that just makes it more complicated as I didn't need it , just was irresitable , now have three on the drive ! I'd like to tidy up the blue one , it's not been cared for and can use some of the odd bits off the red one , jack/tools , steering wheel maybe wheels etc . Also means I can try Tatlocking a set of headlights and spraying grilles etc without screwing up the only ones I have ! So no atm you can't have any of it ! ;) Trouble is every time I take something off the red one I think of something else to keep, took the steering wheel out today , then noticed the door actuators , then the ECU etc .... I originally wanted a dash set for my silver one and at the time they were about £100 on Ebay so overall I've saved but not made money if that makes sense ?

Hope to get your bits packed up today or tomorrow .
AlanD
Regular contributor

Post by AlanD »

Bojer wrote:[quote="AlanD"
Oh ok that makes sense Ian I hope you managed to at least make enough from selling the bits off to cover the cost of buying the red one! Hopefully you can sort out the blue one and get it running again but if not there are a couple of bits that I definitely want from it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Not sure if you saw Alan but I cleaned up the BCM as it had a bit of water damage and it fired up :happy-partydance: .

Though to be honest that just makes it more complicated as I didn't need it , just was irresitable , now have three on the drive ! I'd like to tidy up the blue one , it's not been cared for and can use some of the odd bits off the red one , jack/tools , steering wheel maybe wheels etc . Also means I can try Tatlocking a set of headlights and spraying grilles etc without screwing up the only ones I have ! So no atm you can't have any of it ! ;) Trouble is every time I take something off the red one I think of something else to keep, took the steering wheel out today , then noticed the door actuators , then the ECU etc .... I originally wanted a dash set for my silver one and at the time they were about £100 on Ebay so overall I've saved but not made money if that makes sense ?

Hope to get your bits packed up today or tomorrow .[/quote]

That's good news then Ian we'll sort of :icon-lol: well if you can use the red one to sort out some of the issues with the blue then you should do that as would be a shame to break it if you don't need to, but on the other hand it's always good to have loads of spares too! I have some pics that I took when I de ambered my lights last year if it would be of use to you.

That's great Ian and thank you :handgestures-thumbupleft: