Hi and SHOULD I BUY?? 2011 GENESIS 3.8 GT COUPE LHD

IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAY HELLO HERE OR THE TOTAL SITE REMAINS HIDDEN!
Forum rules
YOU NEED TO SAY HELLO HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE SITE.
PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE
THIS SECTION IS ONLY TO SAY HELLO. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PARTS OR CARS UNTIL YOU HAVE 25 POSTS. THIS IS TO PROTECT HCOC MEMBERS.
IF YOU DO NOT SAY HELLO IMMEDIATELY YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED
ash1970
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi and SHOULD I BUY?? 2011 GENESIS 3.8 GT COUPE LHD

Post by ash1970 »

Hi there,

A colleague of mine has lease purchased the above on our company scheme and he wants rid of it after 1 years worth of repayments (due to valid personal reasons). All he wants is for someone to take over the rest of the installments which amount to £18K over 3 years. He isnt interested in any cash changing hands and with the company scheme they take the money from your pay before you get paid so no worries about payments bouncing etc etc. This payment includes insurances. The car is a year old, still warrantied and has 10K on the clock.

I may want to export this back to the UK in a year or two. Apart from my desire to keep the (LHD) car in the UK can anyone foresee what value it will have then or even if it is an attractive car for the UK buyer? Is this a stupid idea?

In the UK I also own a 2005 SLK 350 which is in storage which I may decide to sell or keep. On first impressions the genesis is the nicer (and newer) of my 2 cars. The genesis will be my daily ride here in the middle east.

What do you think? opinions most welcome............. thanks! :icon-biggrin:
Last edited by ash1970 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angelus

Re: Hi and SHOULD I BUY?? 2011 GENESIS 3.8 GT COUPE LHD

Post by Angelus »

Its worth remembering that japan and oz have/will have rhd versions, and you can import fairly easily, with cost of course.
faz
The founder of Hcoc
Coupe: Non-Coupe

Post by faz »

like tricky said, if you bring it back to the UK it will be a very rare car

also welcome to the HCOC hyundai coupe owners club :text-welcomewave:
Mr Tiburon
Getting hooked
Engine: 2.7(v6)

Post by Mr Tiburon »

Given that opportunity I would go for it
A different kind of Coupe 3.5 V6
mick doyle
Advice superstar
Coupe: Gen3
Engine: 1.6

Post by mick doyle »

BEAST_69 wrote::text-worthless:

Buy Buy Buy...... but thats just my personal opinion :icon-biggrin:

^^^^THIS^^^^

Oh, and welcome to HCOC :greetings-waveyellow:
thedupleman wrote:Ouch. I know he has black bits
petrolhead_rob
Regular contributor
Coupe: Gen1 (1996 -1999)
Engine: 2.0

Post by petrolhead_rob »

:text-welcomewave: Ashley
Click here to view my car.
ash1970

Post by ash1970 »

Thanks for the welcome. Its an american version exported to Saudi. When I arrived here 2 years ago I fell in love with them in fact I had to ask WHAT exactly the car was and when the reply was "Hyundai" I nearly fell over! The 2 things that stopped me getting one was the fact I was a subcontractor and ineligible to use the scheme and also I was wary about any PCP type of deal after having previously been ripped off by BMW UK.

Now the opportunity has come up to get this car with a years worth of repayments having already been paid by someone else.

Someone on here mentioned RHD version for Australia? Are RHD conversions available in the UK and how much would this cost??

I cant wait!
Carlsberg
Tuscani owners club
Engine: 2.7(v6)
+_number: 1985

Post by Carlsberg »

:text-welcomewave: to the forum mate, hope we can make you time here enjoyable. any questions you have just ask.
paulcounsell
Regular contributor

Post by paulcounsell »

Welcome to the forum Ash,regarding the car the fact that you have had one years payments made already is a bit irrelevant as its now not a new car you have to way up what's it now worth now against your 3 years of payments remaining , as for bringing it back hear yes would be an awesome and rare car indeed to own in the UK but I would only be tempted to bring it back to keep yourself I don't think people would be queuing to buy it off you Being a left hooker and a big gas guzzling engine unless it was cheap and you don't really want to do that I would imagine
ash1970

Post by ash1970 »

@Paul. Some sound advice there. My stepbrother imports Chrysler Voyagers from the US to the UK so ive asked his advice on that question but so far as running it goes here obviously that is easy given the 6p per litre price of petrol. Im taking the offer up as its an opportunity-also the company have entirely removed use of the company vehicles for local transport, laying on a shopping bus and a "get to work bus". Doing this will give me some freedom.

I didnt realise but the car is the 2012 model.
cervantes
Been here forever
Engine: 2.0

Post by cervantes »

:text-welcomewave: given the opportunity and funds, id do it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
ash1970

Post by ash1970 »

@hyunky

Hi

This is a TRANSFER OF LEASE TO MY NAME from another employee-it is both company sanctioned and Hyundai main-dealer sanctioned and all the documents (owners log/insurance etc) will reflect this. The car is mine except someone else has already paid a year off. They just dont want the car any more for valid personal reasons.

If I get fed up with the car in a years time I can hand it back to the dealer OR do like I am doing and transfer it on again to a new owner (they would then have the final 2 years of payments to pay off). So long as the main dealer is getting his money this is perfectly legal, at least in the country im leasing it in!! I dont think this would be allowed in the UK for example as the balance would have to be paid off and then finance for the new owner rearranged. In saudi things are a little different maybe because it is underwritten by my company?

My name? Nah I was named after the scheming and caniving android in alien. Ian Holm was too long a name for a christian name!! pleased to meet you!

:handgestures-thumbupleft: