Winter Tyres and Chris Knott

Top quality service from Hcoc favourite Chris Knott
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?
Coupe: Non-Coupe

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Hi, I'm often asked on club forums (and Facebook groups) about switching to winter wheels/tyres and whether an insurer will charge extra if you do.

As it's getting to that time of year again I thought I'd just reassure any Chris Knott clients that the insurers we use don't usually charge for this. However, if you are thinking of swapping your wheels we do have to log when you make the switch and then again when you go back to normal - so please let us know on 0800 917 2274.

Thanks,
Nick

FEEDBACK

"Been with them for years now. I check about every year but so far the best price, understanding of simple mods / winter wheels and cust service has been there every time. Very happy so far." Joanna Cole, New Mini Scotland

"Excellent service when arranging insurance for 2 cars. As much as possible is done by email which is efficient..." Julian P, TrustPilot

"Quick, simple and always matching prices with trustworthy insurances." Carla, TrustPilot

"First class service. Cannot fault any of the service given, highly recommended." Paul H, TrustPilot

"Continuing my annual insurance search, Chris Knott have beaten my (already cheap) renewal by 10% but I’m getting some really outrageous quotes. Most north of £500 and a few into 4 figures!" Steve Ingall, Alfabook

Chris Knott Insurance - official insurance scheme
Club Discount Code: 051
QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 (FREE from mobiles too)
http://www.chrisknott.co.uk
foxfeeder
Coupe: Veloster
Engine: 1.6
Has thanked: 0

Re: Winter Tyres and Chris Knott

Post by foxfeeder »

Given that winter wheels/tyres are a positive safety measure, I'd expect a discount rather than a surcharge!

No Dougal! This one is small, but that one is far away. Small. FAR away!
stevenb hca20
Settling down
Coupe: Gen3.5
Engine: 2.0
Been thanked: 0

Post by stevenb hca20 »

foxfeeder wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm Given that winter wheels/tyres are a positive safety measure, I'd expect a discount rather than a surcharge!
I agree, (although maybe not a discount :icon-lol: ) but certainly most people who do fit winter tyres don't tend to use their fancy (or nice original) wheels on come winter time so there should certainly be no extra premium to face.
dantanner
Regular contributor
Coupe: Non-Coupe
Engine: 2.7(v6)

Post by dantanner »

stevenb hca20 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:55 pm
foxfeeder wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm Given that winter wheels/tyres are a positive safety measure, I'd expect a discount rather than a surcharge!
I agree, (although maybe not a discount :icon-lol: ) but certainly most people who do fit winter tyres don't tend to use their fancy (or nice original) wheels on come winter time so there should certainly be no extra premium to face.
Unfortunately too many of the legalised extortionists (aka insurance companies) see it as another way they can rub their grubby little mitts together and extract even more hard earned pennies from us :angry-banghead:
Suffers from CDO! It's the same as OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

My old V6 build thread

For event, wedding and family portrait photography - SLT Photography