Been quoted more than £200?

Offers and information from HCOC Silver Sponsors
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?
Coupe: Non-Coupe

Been quoted more than £200?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Great news for this forum's members - the insurers on our panel are hungry for your business at the moment. They're backing us as we exploit our special car club/forum members scheme to quote what we need to in order to win your business (as long as you fit our usual criteria detailed below).

On Friday night we'd already reached 35% of this month's target in just the first 4 working days of the month!

Here's feedback posted on our Facebook page on Friday alone:

"A great company who care and find the best policies to suit you! Can't recommend them highly enough." Ray Fitchett, Facebook

"Great deal for our car insurance - thanks." Helen Pengelly, Facebook

"Great service from Chris Knott Insurance. Been with them for years and highly recommended, always gets the best car insurance for me." Willie McBey, Facebook

"It is a good indication of the level of service I received last year, when I have not even looked at any other provider and will be renewing with Chris Knott next week. First rate service plus unbeatable value - it's kind of unusual this day and age." Peter Robinson, Facebook

"Thanks for a great price on my car insurance!" Shirley McGreal, Facebook

To find out how much you could save with Chris Knott, please call us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and mention this forum to receive the full benefit.

best,
Nick

PS. Please LIKE us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to access our light-hearted look at motoring and insurance news, Chris Knott competitions and our latest money-savings offers.

Criteria
The scheme covers most modifications (excluding nitrous, roll cages and bhp increase of more than 100 over stock). All makes and models are considered eligible. Drivers must be aged over 19 for TPF&T and Comprehensive. Drivers of performance models must be aged 23 or over (sometimes 25 - depending on overall risk profile) with a minimum of 12 months' experience of driving/insuring similar performance cars (sometimes 6 months is enough - call us). All drivers must have held a licence for at least 1 year and have at least 1 year's NCB.

Quotes subject to individual circumstances including restrictions on claims/convictions (no more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction per driver). Some postcodes require the car to be parked off the road overnight. The scheme DOES INCLUDE members in Northern Ireland.

This insurance scheme is administered by Chris Knott Insurance who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Lexo
Club Supervisor
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
Engine: 2.0
+_number: 111

Re: Been quoted more than £200?

Post by Lexo »

Quoted over £200.... yep, paid it too.
If you can get me under £200 however it would be worthwhile be cancelling the policy and paying the fee though.

put it this way, if you think you can quote me down from £440 to under £200 Ill call you right now :icon-lol:
Last edited by Lexo on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

I can't tell without going through a quote with you but I'd be very happy to see if we can bring your quote down. You'd be charged a cancellation fee for switching mid-term so it may not be worth it until the renewal. Please call us if you'd like us to review your cover.

I'm not suggesting we can get everyone's quotes down to under £200 but if you've been quoted more than that we can now offer more help to get a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Last edited by ChrisKnottIns on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

Call you shortly then :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

Had a nice chat with Rebecca.
Could only get me down to £396 but wasn't for lack of her trying !
That's with me paying as a one off.

If nothing else I'll be giving you a call next renewal time :text-thankyouyellow:
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Glad we were able to beat your current rate by a decent amount.
Lexo
Club Supervisor

Post by Lexo »

Not bad at all to be fair, I'm paying close to £700 just now but that's due the usual extra £££'s that get added on when you pay monthly.

Going by the base quote before the extra monthly charges you were still £44 cheaper.
With another year NCB May hit the magic £300 and be able to swallow a one off payment :)
yorkie2010
Getting to like it here
Coupe: Gen3.5
Has thanked: 0

Post by yorkie2010 »

I'll give you a call in December! Looks like it's going to be between you and another discount offered through my employer. We will see what you can offer! :)

Sent from mobile
adamski
Been thanked: 0

Post by adamski »

I will give you a call in the next month when mine is up.Seem to be paying well over the odds for a few subtle mods
Rick
Club manager
+_number: 1701

Post by Rick »

If this is still going next year I'll give you a try then
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Thanks all! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Won't even touch me lol called up about my other car, but I'm too young for you to insure on a car of that power. I did have a cracking quote on the coupe though. Some £480 cheaper than I'm currently paying with the RAC. Come renewal time I'll be calling again to buy.
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Wow, what a great response to our 'quoted more than £200?' post above - thank you to all those who've asked us to quote so far.

As a broker we're the offline version of price comparison websites - and we often beat their rates by assessing you as an individual. Why not give us a call even if you normally prefer to get your quotes online? Give us the chance to help you save some money.

These guys have benefited from picking up the phone in the last few days:

"All credit where due. I PM’d Nick my number, got a call shortly thereafter and got a quote that well and truly beat the best I’d found, so well done." drmw, Mercedes-Benz Owners forum

"I've just insured our 3 cars with Chris Knott and they saved me nearly £200 on the Aviva renewal figure. More importantly the service was great. Spoke to a lady called Kathy and she was really helpful. Worth a try!" weefossy, New Mini Scotland forum

"Well I phoned Chris Knott Insurance. My renewal [elsewhere] was £602 (lot more expensive than last year) down to £335. So very happy. Cheers." marksimy72, TalkFord.com

"Spoke to Kim about getting a quote for my ST before the weekend who was extremely polite and very easy to talk to on the phone and also listened to everything I had to say and gave a very good price, with Europe cover for 90days, handy as off to Eurodisney soon... ...Not like some companies who seem to just try and get a quote out as quick as possible while not listening." Chiffs, Focus ST Owners Club

"@Chris_Knott_Ins thanks for the cheap cover! Much better policy and £150 cheaper than anywhere else." @Rich_UTM, Twitter
(Please follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins)

and then this came in on Facebook overnight:

"Had to comment on the always excellent service from Chris Knott, you insure all 4 of my Volvo's, (from Classic to relatively modern), and always the best price and service. In fact for the most recent purchases I haven't even bothered getting other quotes - I know you'll be the best! Special thanks to Rebecca who has done the last 2 cars for me - brilliant service and always a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Keep up the good work - and thanks again." Graeme Aiken, Facebook
(Please LIKE us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns)

We really enjoy our jobs, trying to help car club/forum members get the best deal :)

If your renewal is due soon please call us on 0800 917 2274 and mention this forum to get the full benefit (01424 200477 for mobiles).

Thanks,
Nick
adamski

Post by adamski »

Mine is due now and I am paying 500 quid for 10 years NCB and being the ripe old age of 41
Car is a 2004 V6 with quite a few mods but think I could get better than this?
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Please give us a call and we'll do all we can to help you get a saving.

Remember to mention HCOC.
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Hi, just to let you know I'm away for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to reply to posts or PMs but I'll be back on 18/8.

In the meantime, please continue to call us for quotes. We've had a brilliant July and it's all down to car club/forum members like you picking up the phone.

Online v Phone
We know many of you like to get your quotes online but we're able to beat the price comparison sites if we can talk to you - we get a better feel for you over the phone and we can ask different questions to manually decide whether you're a good risk to take on and at what price. This benefits you far more than a simple "computer says yes, computer says no" scenario.

Pick up the phone and ask us to quote (Tel: 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477) - you'll be glad you did when we beat your best quote (which we currently do for almost 50% of all callers).

Multi-car households
If you have multi-car policies with the likes of Admiral, we can compete with these too. Those companies typically only have their own products to sell. We have access to a whole range of insurers and can pick the most appropriate one for each individual vehicle but still give you the benefit of a single renewal date and a single point of contact - call Chris Knott Insurance for your quote today.

Past experience
It may be that you've asked us to quote in the past and we weren't able to help. If that's the case it's definitely worth calling us again when your renewal falls due. With postcode relaxations and changes to driver age requirements in the last 12 months there's a good chance that we've dealt with whatever was preventing us from winning your business last time. And if price was the issue, please don't miss out on this one thing - we currently have insurers queuing up at our door for good, clean, car club/forum member drivers and they'll support us in doing whatever it takes to win the right cases.

You all know what insurance is like. Today's low rates may start to rise again tomorrow. Let's both make hay while the sun shines!

Give us a call on 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477 and mention this forum to see how much we can save you.

See you in a couple of weeks.

best regards,
Nick

More feedback found this week...

"CK have pulled out all of the stops to give me a great price this year! Well made up!" Ryan-H, R32 Owners Club

"I would also recommend you speak to Chris Knott for other types of insurance too. I recently moved my House Insurance and saved over £900 :) - with my car insurance that's £1400 I've saved this year by moving over." NeRo, zroadster.org

"Just want to say a huge thanks for the service you guys have provided so far. The exhaust mod has been added free of charge. Really pleased with how you operate." raymondbowon, FocusSTOC.com

"Very impressed with the service and for beating my renewal quote by a healthy margin. Also insured my Favorit through yourselves as the policy was £200 cheaper than anywhere else! I'm very impressed and hopefully I will keep using you guys in future. Thanks." pierst1, Briskoda.net

"Another new customer here, they saved me about £85 on the renewal price, happy days...." fabmar, FiestaST OC
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

UPDATE: CHRIS KNOTT MONTHLY PRIZE DRAW

Hi, I'm back from hols and glad to be available to answer queries again.

July turned out to be a really good month so thanks for supporting Chris Knotts if you called for a quote.

Remember that if you've been quoted more than £200 you should call us as there's a good chance we can beat it.

**CHRIS KNOTT MONTHLY PRIZE DRAW to see the year out**
Each month until the end of the year we'll be offering a different prize in our monthly draw. So, ask us for a car quote during September and you could WIN a Karcher Pressure Washer - perfect for doing a good job of cleaning your car (or driveway/patio/decking, etc).

Simply call us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for your free quote and we'll automatically enter you for the draw.

We hope this will encourage more of you to at least give us a try when your renewal falls due. Our rates are currently the best that they've been for a long time and we know they have to speak for themselves but this is an extra incentive for you to pick up the phone.

We look forward to talking to you.

best,
Nick

LATEST FEEDBACK ON CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

"Can't rate Chris Knott highly enough. They beat every other broker's quote by more than £100 and their customer service was top notch. Thanks again." Smiler89, VXR Online

"Thanks again! You guys are a class apart! Look forward to doing business again next year!" karimgilani, VWAudi Forum

"Just done my renewal through them and got it £100 cheaper so well worth a phone call." Avre, Dacia Forum

Our standard competition rules are here : http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

***UPDATE: 2015 with CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE***

Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks so much for your custom in 2014, especially in response to the Chris Knott Prize Draws at the tale end of the year. I'm pleased to announce that December's winner was Mrs D Woodfin from Bolton. She bagged herself a £100 Amazon Voucher and all she did was ask us for a quote.

During the early part of this year we're aiming to start negotiations with the companies on our insurer panel to alter the scheme access criteria, allowing us to quote competitively for even more car club/forum members. We'll keep you posted as things develop.

As things stand many car club/forum members are saving money every day but we'd obviously like more members to be able to benefit from calling Chris Knott Insurance. In just the last week we've signed up another 12 forums - forums who've heard good things about Chris Knott and want their members to be able to access great car insurance deals too.

If you'd like us to quote when your modified or standard car is due for renewal please call the Chris Knott Club Line on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and mention this forum to receive the full benefit.

Remember, if we couldn't beat your quote before the reason may now have passed, especially if you were just a bit too young for the scheme when you called us. Please include us again in the mix this year.

best,
Nick

Testimonials received in the last month:

"Once again you guys have destroyed XXXX's quote so I'm in for my 3rd year with you starting Christmas Day (I have no idea how that happened)." Nick6425, West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club

"Best quote, all signed up :)" logrunner, Juke Owners Group

"Thanks guys and a Happy New Year to you all too. As above thanks for another unbeatable renewal, cheers." Paul Truslove, Facebook

"I will be joining Chris Knott Insurance shortly. They beat my best quote, and smashed my renewal by £232." Paul, AudiRS3oc.com

"ChrisKnottIns - just taken out a policy with the company. Beat my renewal by £1500. Cannot complain 1 bit." chrisbab89, West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club
paulcounsell
Regular contributor

Post by paulcounsell »

adamski wrote:Mine is due now and I am paying 500 quid for 10 years NCB and being the ripe old age of 41
Car is a 2004 V6 with quite a few mods but think I could get better than this?
thats sounds a bit salty to say the least :think:
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Calling all HCOC members!!

As a car club/forum member you could save money on your standard/modified/multicar insurance when you ask Chris Knott to quote.

The current sign-up rate under our special scheme for car club members is 45% - that means we win the business on almost every other quote offered. It means we're regularly beating the likes of Admiral, Direct Line, other brokers and online price comparison sites too.

It also means you've got a great chance of getting your best quote by giving Chris Knott a call. Why not give us a try this year and find out how much you could save by switching to the club's approved provider, Chris Knott.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477 - please mention this club/forum to receive the full benefit.

best,
Nick

These club members are happy with their recent quotes:

"I've just quoted on the temp c max and had a smoking deal, had discount for being on the forum and another for second car. £240 comp protected no claims, on the c max (remember technically I've had my licence 1 year and me named on Nicci's policy). I'm paying for both cars what I was just paying for the v70r p2 last year, so it worked out good for me." Ettienne, Volvo Performance Club UK

"Have rang around the insurance companies that are sponsors on the forum. Chris Knott came out cheapest." ChrisST225, FocusSTOC.com

"Very happy with CK, got a cheap renewal quote. Better than the comparison sites. Nice staff. That spoke English - crazy I know right. And an all round great company to work with. Honestly amazed at how great they have been for me. Will defo stay with them!" John Ansell, Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
It's good here ain't it?

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

UPDATE: **Winners all round...**

£500 WINNER
Congratulations to Mr B Windeatt, a member of car club forum MG-Rover.org, who won our £500 competition last month. All he had to do was call for a Chris Knott Car Insurance quote to be entered into the draw. Now his cheque is on it's way.

WINNING QUOTES FOR MEMBERS
As for our special club car insurance scheme, this morning I asked our Motor Supervisor where we stood against this month's target. She reported that we're almost at 50% already after just the first week of the month's trading.

Thanks to everyone who is asking us to quote for their car insurance at the moment. Feedback has been coming in thick and fast. I normally post a few examples from recent days but this time there are so many that I'm having to choose a selection rather than all of them. It has really kicked off and I'm glad we're helping so many car club members to save money as well as providing good broker service.

Please call us if your car insurance is due soon and mention this forum to access the special car club member scheme and maybe we'll be your best option this year too.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 (01424 200477 for mobiles)

Feedback about Chris Knott Car Insurance from happy car club/forum members whose business we've won:

"I have just taken a policy a out with these guys and they beat my cheapest quote by 10% and may I say the service was top class. I personally was looked after by Kathy who was very helpful and polite. Can't recommend enough." YamYam, FiestaSTOC.com

"Looks like I'll be taking a policy through you guys. Far cheaper than what my renewal is through my current company!" Ant21, Astra Owners Network

"RS3 insurance time is just around the corner, so seeing as we insured the TT with them, thought I'd go to Chris Knott Insurance to see what they could do...... Emailed Nick yesterday, had a call today and went through everything, job done, they have literally halved what Admiral's renewal quote was. When the van is due in February I shall be calling them up for that too... It's nice to see an insurance specialist actually deliver a good service and save us money. Too many promise good rates on high performance cars but never seem to get close to 'normal' insurance companies quotes. They also gave me £20 off for already having a policy with them..... And being an Audi-Sport.net member....." Veneeringman, Audi-Sport.net

"They smashed my renewal and beat my cheapest quote. It saved me £232 (Jan). A good way towards taxing it for 12 months." PaulRS3, Audi-Sport.net

"Took an insurance policy out with you over the weekend. Really happy with the service and really chuffed with my quote. Cheapest out of everybody I tried. Thanks." AdamJonezy, Briskoda.net

"Just got my girlfriend's TT insured with you guys today - gave you a quote I'd got from Confused and you guys managed to beat it by over a £100 :thumbs: Girlfriend is a happy bunny :)" chirag1988, 350z-uk.com

"Could I just add Nick, that I had exceptional service by a lovely lady called Kathy, very polite and helped me with my questions regarding my quote this evening with a competitive price. Please pass on this feedback!" Dean, ClubPolo
Jonathanp19
Regular contributor

Post by Jonathanp19 »

if you can beat my quote of £1555 Id be well happy But hey ho.. Insurance is rather expensive for an 18 year old
InspectorPoirot
Regular contributor

Post by InspectorPoirot »

Jonathanp19 wrote:if you can beat my quote of £1555 Id be well happy But hey ho.. Insurance is rather expensive for an 18 year old
18 here too! Is this your first year of driving though or do you have a year of NCD?
Jac-666
Settling down
Coupe: Gen3

Post by Jac-666 »

Just wondering. Im paying roughly £700 but that is for me (9yrs experiance) and my partner who is on L plates for 13yrs (wont go for test). Do you allowed second drivers being a learner on your policies? Thanks :)
Jonathanp19
Regular contributor

Post by Jonathanp19 »

InspectorPoirot wrote:
Jonathanp19 wrote:if you can beat my quote of £1555 Id be well happy But hey ho.. Insurance is rather expensive for an 18 year old
18 here too! Is this your first year of driving though or do you have a year of NCD?
One year of NCD But i did have a motorcyle crash in 2013 but that was the other drivers fault but i bet it is affecting it in someway :P

How about you ?