Hello!

IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAY HELLO HERE OR THE TOTAL SITE REMAINS HIDDEN!
Forum rules
YOU NEED TO SAY HELLO HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE SITE.
PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE
THIS SECTION IS ONLY TO SAY HELLO. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PARTS OR CARS UNTIL YOU HAVE 25 POSTS. THIS IS TO PROTECT HCOC MEMBERS.
IF YOU DO NOT SAY HELLO IMMEDIATELY YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED
dziugys1
Searching in the dark
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
Engine: 2.0
Been thanked: 0

Hello!

Post by dziugys1 »

Amazing to see forums still being a thing :icon-lol: been a while since used such an antique thing.

Came to have a look what information is on here and look through existing content. I'm sure that most things been already discussed and talked about which i'd need the answers to :handgestures-thumbupleft:

foxfeeder
Coupe: Veloster
Engine: 1.6
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hello!

Post by foxfeeder »

Yeah, unfortunately, the world seems to be moving backwards in some ways. Still a few of us on here, though there is a FB version too.

Welcome

No Dougal! This one is small, but that one is far away. Small. FAR away!
dziugys1
Searching in the dark

Post by dziugys1 »

Yup, just expanding my horizons a bit :icon-biggrin: I did see in the bible post which got me like :think: is SIII a wrong car to pick as a daily. I don't own it just yet but been looking into getting it so just doing research on most things and feeling it out. Would love to care for it but seems it's harder to find lower millage as well as whole E10 thing not being healthy for it will end up costing a bit more to run it in general. Love the veloster by the way, you go my guy.
dziugys1
Searching in the dark

Post by dziugys1 »

To be honest Veloster in the end could be a good shout as well :think: Granted they do be selling for a bit more so might require more saving, but that is quite nice as well
Mike.Lawre
Club manager
+_number: 0003

Post by Mike.Lawre »

:text-welcomewave:

All the answers are here somewhere :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:character-oldtimer:
Founder member of "The Grumpy Old Men's Section"

Find me at The Rose Theatre http://rosetheatre.co.uk
foxfeeder
Coupe: Veloster
Engine: 1.6
Has thanked: 0

Post by foxfeeder »

dziugys1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:14 pm Yup, just expanding my horizons a bit :icon-biggrin: I did see in the bible post which got me like :think: is SIII a wrong car to pick as a daily. I don't own it just yet but been looking into getting it so just doing research on most things and feeling it out. Would love to care for it but seems it's harder to find lower millage as well as whole E10 thing not being healthy for it will end up costing a bit more to run it in general. Love the veloster by the way, you go my guy.
First up, on the E10: there are 2 differences, not just the rubber damage issue, but it has a lower energy content. I went to South Uist in June, filled up in Chester with E5, filled again at the Green Welly, Creanlarich, filled there again on way home, but they only have E10. Journey up, 48.7mpg averaging 70-75mph. Coming home, same trip and same average: 45.5! More than compensates for the price diff.

Before this, I had 2 Coupe's as daily drivers, 2004 2 litre, and 2009 2.0 S111. Pick a good 'un and you should be fine. Main issues: rust, partic. rear arches, sills and general underside. Never going to be rust free, but avoid anything that needs welding. Electrical issues like windows, central locking and sunroof motor are cheap fixes, though the roof is a bit of a hassle. Anything more problematic, like immobiliser, alarm, or indicator issues might be BCM, though as long as it's not water damage, we have a tame fixer linked from threads here. Clutch needs a thorough check, get car nice and hot, and find a long hill, 4th gear at about 40, and floor it, any sign of the revs climbing quicker than the car is going to need a big chunk off the price. Low mileage is great, but these engines will go forever AS LONG AS they've not been neglected. Good luck!
These users thanked the author foxfeeder for the post:
dziugys1 (Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:41 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

No Dougal! This one is small, but that one is far away. Small. FAR away!
Shel
Club manager
Coupe: Gen3
+_number: 2007

Post by Shel »

:text-welcomewave: :text-welcomewave: :text-welcomewave:

Yes there are still some of us die hard enthusiasts use the forum. I often update my build & history diary with stuff I am up to. Still fined a lot of answers here along with many DIY's. Social media is good for some things but answers and info scrolls away in a day, here it is more informed and easily available in a much better format.
People should really stop expecting normal from me... It's never going to happen :icon_cool:

My Coupe Build Diary viewtopic.php?f=72&p=328213#p328213
Rick
Club manager
Coupe: Gen3.5
+_number: 1701

Post by Rick »

Hi there and :text-welcomewave: to the forum :handgestures-thumbupleft: