Hi all

IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAY HELLO HERE OR THE TOTAL SITE REMAINS HIDDEN!
Forum rules
YOU NEED TO SAY HELLO HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE SITE.
PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE
THIS SECTION IS ONLY TO SAY HELLO. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PARTS OR CARS UNTIL YOU HAVE 25 POSTS. THIS IS TO PROTECT HCOC MEMBERS.
IF YOU DO NOT SAY HELLO IMMEDIATELY YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED
Robbo86
Found a match ...can see a bit
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
Engine: 2.0
Been thanked: 0

Hi all

Post by Robbo86 »

Hi all I'm new to the forum I'm rob , just inherited a Hyundai SIII 2.0 2007and seek help. I was told it had an immobilizer issue and a fuel leak issue. Where can I locate the ECU and immobilizer on the SIII I'm looking into getting it cloned etc? I was told it had a fuel leak but the garage was vague ( where can the leaks come from?) as it's been left there for a couple of years. Is there a place where I can purchase fuel pipes/ lines for this please. Many thanks in advance I want to get this car back on the road.

foxfeeder
Coupe: Veloster
Engine: 1.6
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hi all

Post by foxfeeder »

Hi there. You can read and download the full service manuals for the car at https://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/GK-HM ... eindex.htm - any idea where it's leaking from? The tank? The filler pipework, or the fuel line from the tank to the front of the car?

Immobiliser issue? Will it start at all? Doubt you'll be able to clone it, you may need to swap out the BCM/ECU/transponder ring and keys with a scrap car from the same year (or thereabouts) and engine size.

No Dougal! This one is small, but that one is far away. Small. FAR away!
Mike.Lawre
Club manager
Coupe: Siii / TSiii
+_number: 0003

Post by Mike.Lawre »

:text-welcomewave:

We have a very useful chap in Mike James at Prolux who does very quick and reasonable BCM repairs.

Look in the Club Notices in the index on this forum for more details

:character-oldtimer:
Founder member of "The Grumpy Old Men's Section"

Find me at The Rose Theatre http://rosetheatre.co.uk
Shel
Club manager
Coupe: Gen3
+_number: 2007

Post by Shel »

99% won't be ECU issue, but as Mike says the BCM problem. The Coupe uses an aerial around the ignition barrel to produce an RF signal from the transponder chip in the key top. This is in turn is connected to the BCM (fuse box by your right knee) which then transmits the SMARTRA immobiliser code to the stored codes in the ECU. That then says yes or no and transmits the answer back to the BCM which in turn kicks the immobiliser relay on or off. The position of the BCM is prone to moisture/water ingress from both condensation and often the windscreen bonding perishing and said water running down a loom and into the plug. This then shorts out the components on the circuit board and kills the signal from the BCM to the ECU.

The position of the ECU is quite protected so issues with that are usually limited to the car being in flood water halfway up the door.

Remove the BCM and send to Mike James at Prolux Electronics who will test it, fix it if need be for a very reasonable cost. He has saved literally dozens of Coupes this year alone.
Cooked BCM 1.jpg
Cooked BCM 2.jpg
Cooked BCM 3.jpg
People should really stop expecting normal from me... It's never going to happen :icon_cool:

My Coupe Build Diary viewtopic.php?f=72&p=328213#p328213
Rick
Club manager
Coupe: Gen3.5
+_number: 1701

Post by Rick »

Hi there and :text-welcomewave: to the forum :handgestures-thumbupleft: