Fitting Angel Eyes - Hyundai Coupe

Hig
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fitting Angel Eyes - Hyundai Coupe

Post by Hig » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am

Angel Eyes DIY

Firstly, you have to look at taking the bumper off, this is pretty simple to do, you need to pull out all of the plastic clips along the metal bar that goes over the lights:
Then you need to pop out both indicators, so take out the screw that is on top of each one and pop them out. After this look under the front wheel arch at the top of the bumper, you will see an 8mil nut and a plastic clip under it, take both of these off on both sides. Following this, look along the top of the large grill and you will see two more plastic clips, pull both of these out. Then take the two screws on either side that the mud flaps screw onto the bumper with. After this you can take the 10mm nuts off of the bolts that are behind where the indicators where. After taking this nut off of both sides then the bumper will come off, just be careful you don't catch the wing with the bolts like I did. Then dis-connect the sidelights and fog lights and sit the bumper elsewhere as this makes it easier as you don't have to faff about with it.

To get the light unit out from here, undo the four bolts, two either side of the unit and then un-plug the lights from behind and the whole unit will pull away, it is easier to un-plug the wires after you remove the bolts as they will hold the unit in place so it doesn't fall out lol.
To pop the units open you firstly need a heat gun or hair-dryer, I used the hairdryer so don't worry about thinking you need a heat gun lol! Start by heating up one part of the seal and try to push in a flat headed screw driver and then turn the head to push the seal apart, from here you need to carry this on going all around the lights, heat and prise so to speak. When you have broken the seal along the bottom and across the sides then you can start pulling the light lense away, heat the top as you go and use a blade to cut away at the tacky seal, following this the light will be in two pieces ...

Once the units are apart screw the chrome piece away from the lens, this is held on by four screws. When this is off, take the largest angel eye first and then push the angel eye in place in the lens, turn the whole piece over and ensure that the angel eye is equal around the back of the chrome piece, then with a hot glue gun fix it in place:
Then for the 80mm ring, this has a lip to sit on, but for it to sit flat you need to chop a little piece out for the wiring (you don't HAVE to but I did as it sits better)
Then glue it with the hot glue gun in the same way as you did the 110mm ring.
After this screw the chrome piece back into the lens, don't do it too tight though as you'll strip threads which wont be good lol ... nipping them should be fine

After this you need two holes in the back of the main unit to feed the wires thorugh, as in the pic:
Then you finally need to seal the unit back up again, with some clear silicone go along the gap in the main unit where the lens pushes in:
Following this push the unit back together whilst heating around the seal, just so it fits better. After the unit is back together, and all the clips are back fitted, wipe away the excess silicone and then go around the seal on the outside and make another seal, just to ensure it is water tight, following this, bit of silicone over the hole where the wires for the angel eyes feed through and you are finished, hope this helps.

If you would not want to attempt this yourself then I would happily do the job for you :handgestures-thumbupleft:

(F.Y.I – This can be used as a base for fitting Gen1, Gen3 & Gen 3.5 angel eyes as the process is very similar in each)

redned
Learning the ropes
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fitting Angel Eyes - Hyundai Coupe

Post by redned » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Hig i have aquirred two new headlight units and was wondering if i could impose upon your vast knowledge to assist me in De-ambering,smoking and angel eyeing all in one go